Information & Advice > Getting Started
Introduction to Agency
2) Agency Relationship
3) Choosing your REALTOR®
4) Commitment is a 2 way street...
Introduction to agency relationship
REALTORS® (real estate agents) work under a strict Code of Ethics. One provision of this Code requires REALTORS® to seek written acknowledgement, from home buyers and home sellers, stating that they understand the agency relationship.
is created where one person, known as the principal, asks another person, known as the agent, to act on their behalf. In a real estate transaction, an agency relationship is formed between the principal and the brokerage firm (including all of its licensees) through the services of a REALTOR®.
back to the top
For more info please see
back to the top
Your First Task Buying or Selling a home or property:
Choose the Right REALTOR® For You
Your first and most important task
find the right REALTORS®…
find a committed and knowledgeable real estate representative who will listen to your needs and work with you every step of the way. The right REALTOR® will have the training, the know-how and the experience to help you. He or she will work with a vast range of resources through the
Multiple Listing Service to help you make the proper decision.
Your second task is to commit to working with that agent through each stage of the process until you are safely moved in to your new home.
6 criteria to look for:
You have a very important decision to make in choosing a REALTOR® to help purchase your home:
- We suggest a REALTOR® (s) who is thoroughly familiar with the community.
- We suggest a REALTOR® who has experience, and knows the ins and outs of the real estate process. Ask them to provide you with a full explanation of what to expect along the way.
- We suggest choosing a REALTOR® that works full time in the real estate business, one who keeps up with the latest market trends.
- Choose a REALTOR® that will provide all the services you may need, advise you on all the financing options available.
- We suggest choosing a REALTOR® who you feel personally comfortable with, whom you can trust and feel confident.
- Choose a REALTOR® who listens carefully to what you say, responds to your specific needs, and works tirelessly to sell your property or find the home and property you want.
back to the top
Commitment a 2 – way street
What REALTORS® need from you…
In order for REALTORS® to give you great service they need your commitment to work together. REALTORS® do a lot of legwork, and need you to be there especially when decisions are crucial. Here's how you can help your agent give you the best service:
- Make sure you have the right Real Estate Agent
We cannot stress enough the importance of finding a REALTOR® you trust and feel comfortable with throughout the process. If you are going to have someone help you, it should be someone you believe in.
- Work exclusively with your Agent
All (LSTAR) REALTORS® have access to mls® listings in the London and St. Thomas area. It is unproductive to have 2 or 3 REALTORS® searching the same “ground”.
- When you see a home you like . . .
. . . on a sign, on the Web, in a newspaper or ad, write down the info, company's name and #, street address, and phone/e-mail/sms your REALTOR® as soon as you can. They will get all the information so that you can decide whether or not you should consider this property.
- When possible set up your showings at in advance
Often REALTORS® will put a group of properties together for you to view. It can take time to contact each agent and/or Sellers for conformation. Last minute appointments, often means 1 or 2 showings cannot be booked, often these turn out to be the ones you needed to see the most!
- Never discuss a property with the other agent or their client
Many a sale has been lost or compromised because of an unwitting remark by one of the parties. More info: Agency Relationships
- Let your real estate agent know any concerns or changes of plan
Talking with your agent and expressing any concern or disappointments will help solve the problems as or before they occur.
- Always keep the lines of communication open
Both before & after the agreement of purchase and sale (offer) has been signed, there will be times when your agent will need to get in touch with you urgently. Prompt return of calls will allow them continue to work for your best interests.
back to the top
|Fee for Service
Fee for Service program - Pay for only the
services you need. $ave thousands in
Looking for a REALTOR®?
Let us Help!
Link 2 realty is a new company with old
fashioned values. we bring an innovative
and cutting edge approach to prospecting
marketing and selling real estate
|Info & Advice
Everything you need to know and more as
a Buyer or a Seller. Details on how to get
started, financing, planning your move,
closing your sale and much more.
2 Storey homes, back split homes,
bungalows, ranch houses, side split homes,
townhomes, condo, semi detatched homes,
raised ranch homes and more !
View properties listed via MLS on the Internet
Data Exchange (IDX) program of the London
and St. Thomas Association of REALTORS
Providing you with one stop shoping for
information about living in the "Forest City"